When the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) was
introduced across the EU and into UK Law (Data Protection Act 2018)
a lot of media attention was given to the financial penalties
organisations could face, should they be subject to a personal data
breach. A personal data breach is more likely to have an
immediate impact on an organisation's reputation, and dent the
trust of its employees, customers and suppliers.
Our 90 minute course is designed to provide practical
guidance on how you can manage a personal data breach, should you
encounter one. The course will cover:
- The definition of a personal data breach
- The processes for incident response
- How to asses the risks to data subjects
- Communication messages to data subjects and other
- What steps to take when notifying the supervisory
authority (i.e. UK's ICO)
- Record keeping requirements for personal data
- Evaluating the appropriateness of the technical and
organisational controls in place to prevent personal data
- Data controller and data processor responsibilities in
the case of a breach.
- Consequences for failing to notify a supervisory
authority of a personal data breach
- Implication for the right to
The training course will use real life scenarios to
support the course material. We aim to make the session
interactive, we have built in time for you to ask questions.
We have also created a number of quick questions to ensure that the
course material has been understood.
The course will be facilitated by either Kellie Peters
or Regina Lally, both co-founders of Databasix UK and between them
have 35+ years experience in the field of data